Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Giving Receipts

Dear Church Family,

You may have noticed in Pastor Rodney’s weekly emails and in some of the recent church announcements that we are in the process of rolling out a new database tool called “Church Center”.   Church Center is a tool that will allow us as a church to keep records, manage children’s check-in, record giving, and do many other things to help us as a church to stay organized and connected.

We have been working on getting the system set up and on entering information into Church Center to get it up and running.  We are now beginning to roll out some of the programs.  As we roll out new programs,  you will start to notice some changes and some new things coming.  One of those changes will be in how you receive information about your church giving. 

Church giving is being logged into Church Center and is labeled by the date of the Sunday it was given.  Once all the giving is logged for a week, the “batch” of entries gets “committed” into the system.  It is then available for individuals who are using Church Center to view their own giving information.   (Please check Pastor Rodney’s weekly email or the church website for more information on how to create your own log in to begin using Church Center.)

Some of you may have notice on Tuesday, September 15, that you received an email about your church giving.  On that day, I committed the first batch of giving which was for Sunday, January 4, 2026, as a test run.  When I committed this to the system, it automatically generated an email receipt for everyone whose email we have listed in the system.  (If you did not receive a receipt and you gave that day, it may be because we need to update your email in the system.)  We wanted to let you know that this email was generated by the church office, and that you will be receiving more of these receipts in the near future as I continue to commit batches of giving into the system.  (I do believe you have the option at the bottom to disable these receipts if you do not want to receive them.)  I will try to send them out a month’s worth at a time.  You may still receive individual emails for each week, but they should all arrive at the same time. 

Thank you for your patience with us as we navigate through the roll out of Church Center.  If you have any questions about your giving, please feel free to contact me.  I will be happy to help you in any way I can.  If I don’t know that answer, I will be happy learn along with you!

 

Sincerely,

Sonja Shively     

 

Church Secretary

Sonja Shively

Shippensburg First Church of God

Email Secretary@shipfcog.org

Office Phone 717.532.8421

 

No comments:

Post a Comment